This fall, the Eppley Institute will be making several improvements to our online Interpretation Courses. The National Park Service and several other interpretive agencies are in the process of revising their Interpretation and Education professional standards and competencies. In response to these changes, and in order to continue providing high-quality training, several proValens Interpretation courses will be updated in order to meet emerging professional standards.
The biggest and most immediate change for users is to the proValens Advanced Certificate option for the following four interpretation courses: Interpretive Talk, Informal Visitor Contacts, Conducted Activities, and Interpretive Writing. Eppley will be phasing out the advanced certificates over the summer and into the fall. To stay up-to-date on the upcoming changes, please keep these dates in mind:
For Advanced Certificate Students
- August 31, 2015: Final date to select the Advanced Certificate option. You will still have access to the courses in your proValens account, but new enrollment for an Advanced Certificate will be closed following this date. If you wish to complete an advanced certificate in any of the four interpretation courses previously mentioned, you will need to have a coach by this date.
- September 30, 2015: If you plan to seek an Advanced Certificate, one month remains to complete required coursework.
- November 2, 2015: The Eppley Institute will no longer offer the Advanced Certificate path of the Interpretive Development Program (IDP). If you are seeking an Advanced Certificate, all Advanced Certificate assignments must be submitted on or before November 1, 2015 prior to November 2, 2015. Coaches must award any advanced certificates in the Eppley system on or before November 1, 2015. On November 2, 2015, all coached students, coaches, and coaching groups will be removed from the system.
- August 31, 2015: Final date to enroll in Coaching Tutorial courses. You will still have access to the courses in your proValens account, but new enrollment in these courses will be closed following this date. If you would like to request access, please contact Nona Henderson at email@example.com. The coaching tutorials include:
- Coaching Tutorial for the Conducted Activities course
- Coaching Tutorial for the Interpretive Writing course
- Coaching Tutorial for the Informal Visitor Contact Course 2.0
- Coaching Tutorial for the Interpretive Talk Course 2.0
- September 30, 2015: If you are coaching an Advanced Certificate student, one month remains to return assignments and feedback. This is also the final date to complete any work in any coaching tutorial course.
- November 2, 2015: The Eppley Institute will discontinue all Advanced Certificate coaching tutorials. All Advanced Certificate assignments and feedback must be submitted to your students on or before by November 1, 2015. The coach role and all coaching groups will be deactivated on November 2, 2015.
It is our goal to continue providing the highest quality online interpretation courses. Please note that these courses will continue to be available after November 2; it is only the Advanced Certificate that will no longer be offered. Please do not hesitate to contact Program Manager Nona Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-0864 with questions regarding these changes. We appreciate your support of the Eppley Institute!