Are you in charge of interpretation for schools, but don’t know much about school curriculum? Do you want to tailor your interpretive programs so they are more appealing for field trips? This course is designed just for you! The Eppley Institute is excited to announce the release of a brand new course in interpretation, More Than Just a Field Trip: Interpretation for School Curriculum! This course is intended for park and public agency employees who are interested in developing curriculum-based programs for school groups.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Define curriculum-based programming
- Articulate the difference between curriculum-based programming and traditional programming
- Locate national, state, and local standards documents
- Describe the relationship between your agency or park mission and curriculum-based programs
- Articulate the importance of aligning educational standards and objectives with your agency’s curriculum-based programs
- List three ways your park’s curriculum-based programs benefit organized education groups
- Describe the sequence of learning
- Identify age-appropriate pre-visit, on-site, and post-visit activities
- Summarize the curriculum-based programming development process
- Apply core standards required by schools to your interpretive and educational programs
- Use park resources to create relevant curriculum content
This course will be offered at a discounted rate of $29 until January 15, 2016. After that, the price will increase to $59. Visit our catalog at proValens Learning to register today!