Advancing knowledge. Sharing experiences. Training, learning, progressing. The Eppley Institute for Parks & Public Lands has released our FY2014 Annual Report, a recap of the Institute’s work during the last year and a timeline of significant events in our twenty-year history.
During the past year we collaborated with several new partners while continuing relationships with our existing partners. Some of our projects during the year included:
- A new partnership with the Indiana State Department of Health to facilitate the development of strategic plans for the Monroe and Ripley County Health Departments;
- A contract with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Division of Fish & Wildlife to provide a comprehensive stakeholder engagement plan in preparation for the development of the State Wildlife Action Plan;
- Continued our work with the National Park Service’s Park Facility Management Division, a partnership that has been successful for fourteen years;
- Continued our coordination and planning of the Great Lakes Park Training Institute. New this year was the Park and Recreation Facility Manager Certificate Program, an initiative that combines online and classroom training to assist park agency employees with facility and leadership skills; and
- Addition of over fifteen courses to our online catalog, including a series of five courses entitled Public Health & YOU developed in conjunction with the School of Public Health-Bloomington, as well as courses about managing special provisions in wilderness developed in conjunction with the Arthur Carhart National Wilderness Training Center.
We at the Eppley Institute look forward to twenty more successful years and continuing partnerships to further our mission of enhancing access, choice, and quality of natural, cultural, and recreational experiences for all.
Download the Report