Some big changes are coming your way in our suite of interpretation courses! The Eppley Institute recently formalized our partnership with the National Association for Interpretation, and as part of that, we are working to update and revise our interpretation e-courses for a broader audience of interpreters. The courses being impacted and their changes include:
- Interpretive Talk and Conducted Activities will be combined into a single e-course.
- Informal Visitor Contacts is being rewritten, and the new course will be called Roving and Informal Interpretation.
- Interpretive Writing is being rewritten, and the new course will include content on social media.
- Media Fundamentals for Interpreters is being rewritten, and will also include information on social media.
- Training and Coaching Interpreters is being rewritten as two separate courses: one that focuses on training, and one that focuses on coaching.
We are working on the changes and revisions now through the end of the year. We anticipate having new courses available beginning January 2017. Looking toward the spring, we will be using these new courses to develop an interpretation certificate program in 2017. If you have any questions about the courses or certificate program, please contact Eppley Institute Project Manager Layne Elliott at email@example.com.