The Eppley Team
- Christy J. McCormick
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Ms. McCormick uses her research and facilitation skills to help inform policy and practice with federal agencies such as the Bureau of Land Management, the Arthur Carhart Wilderness Training Center, and the National Park Service. At the Eppley Institute, she works with the National Park Service (NPS) Park Facility Management Division, Interpretation, and Visitor Services branch, developing classroom, online, and blended training and education courses, as well as facilitating planning and strategy with NPS employees. She serves as EPLY’s program manager for the Facility Manager Leaders Program and liaison on the innovation aspect of this program using her experience in asset management to guide development and pilot testing of tools.
Christy plays a key role in maintaining the strong partnership the Eppley Institute has with the National Park Service and the role the Eppley Institute plays in informing practice in NPS. She has been able to generate organizational capacity by helping subject matter experts become instructors who are teaching peers and colleagues.
- Associate Director, Eppley Institute for Parks and Public Lands, 2004—Present
- Supervisor, Bloomington Parks and Recreation Department, 2003—2004
- Regional Marketing Manager, Council Travel Services, 1996—2002
- MS, Adult Education, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, 2006
- BS, Kinesiology, Pennsylvania State University, 1983